Become a Member
Friends of the Lakewalk is a volunteer organization and depends on the support of its membership to contribute their time, skills, and their financial support to carry out the vision of Friends of the Lakewalk. Please contribute in any way that you can to make Duluth an even better place to live, work and play.
By becoming a member of Friends of the Lakewalk, you can help the organization:
- Work on the City of Duluth’s Mini Master Plan for the Lakewalk
- Be involved in analyzing and working toward increased safety on the lakewalk
- Support the Lakeside Pedestrian Trail between 19-25 Ave East Be involved in analyzing and working toward increased safety on the lakewalk
- Provide support for projects and events relating to the Lakewalk· Support Lakewalk extension pathways
- Add information kiosks along the Lakewalk to explain it’s history and landmarks
- Participate in trail maintenance and clean-up activities
- Advocate for trail connections to the Munger Trail, Duluth Traverse and other trails
- Promote its use among Duluthians and tourists
- Bring your special interests to the group for possible implementation, including
• Trail maintenance/support
• Grant Writing
• Membership development
The annual meeting of the Friends of the Lakewalk is held each year in May. Members receive an announcement of that meeting and any special membership meetings the Board may call during the year. The Friends of the Lakewalk Board meets quarterly to conduct association business. Members receive the minutes of each Board meeting shortly after the meeting is held.
Members may be elected to the Board of Directors for up to 2 consecutive 2-year terms. Members elect the officers of the organization at the annual membership meeting and participate in setting the priorities for the organization.
We hope you will continue to support our efforts by renewing your membership. We are continuing the reduced rates adopted last year:
Family $20 per year
Individual/ Student/Senior $10 per year
Business Membership $150.00 per year
OR Membership dues may be mailed to:
Friends of the Lakewalk
PO Box 161492
Duluth, MN 55806
Please make your check payable to “Friends of the Lakewalk”.
Friends of the Lakewalk also welcome donations of any amount. You can use the button below or send a check to the address above.
The Friends of the Lakewalk welcomes volunteers whether or not they are members of the organization. Volunteer opportunities are announced through our gmail notification system. If you wish to be added to this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.